For a long time, the QR code technology was considered obsolete. Today, it looks like the pandemic brought it back alive and finally establishes itself as the necessary tool of any restaurant owner for the year 2021.
In this article, we explain what a QR Code is and show you how to use it with your restaurant POS system.
What is a QR Code?
A QR Code is a bar code that contains information such as a telephone number, an address or even the menu of a restaurant in digital version.
More popular than ever, the QR code is not only useful for contactless payments, but is proving to be the perfect ally for any restaurant wanting to go digital.
Do you have a restaurant that offers table service? Prepare to keep a customer register (mandatory for any restaurant established in Quebec). Do you change your menu every season? Forget the paper menu, and go digital. Not only will you save money, you won’t have to print your menu anymore.
You get it, QR code is not only a trend but a valuable tool for any restaurant owner.
What can I store in a QR code?
- A phone number
- A restaurant menu
- An email
- A link to an online ordering application or website
How do I use the QR code at a restaurant?
- At the entrance to the restaurant
- At the table
- On flyers
- On packaging products
- On posters
To use it, just open your smartphone’s camera and scan the QR Code to access information or services. Simple and quick to use, it is gaining more and more popularity thanks to the development of contactless technology and the pandemic.
How to use a QR code for your restaurant?
- Create a digital menu: Creating your digital menu is child’s play and is probably the most popular idea when it comes to QR codes for restaurants. Embellish it all with photos for an attractive menu!
- Pay the order without contact: The customer scans your QR code which redirects them to your online ordering application. From there, he selects his meal and makes the payment online.
- Tracing of contact cases: Just like a menu, the QR code allows you to create a page so that each customer can enter their personal information, thus allowing the chains of contamination to be traced to Covid-19.
- Table-top ordering without a waiter: If you are short of employees, the QR code is a great tool for table-top ordering without a waiter. The customer scans the QR code and orders directly at the table.
- Improve the customer experience: Your customers no longer have to wait to order, whether in the queue or at the table.
How to use the QR code for payment at the table?
Paying at the table with the restaurant QR code is easy to use. Your customers can make payment directly from their cell phone instead of going to the counter.
Not only does it reduce the workload of your employees, it also improves the customer experience.
Below are the steps to use a QR code for your restaurant:
Step 1 – Scan QR Code: Your customer sits at the table and scans your QR code to access your online menu.
Step 2 – Select Products: With a single click, the customer selects the desired products via the MYR Online online ordering application.
Step 3 – Select the table number and pay: The customer selects the table number and pays directly from his cell phone.
Step 4 – The order is sent directly to the kitchen: Once paid, the order is automatically sent to the kitchen for preparation.
The use of a QR code is an asset for your restaurant because it allows you to improve the customer experience while gaining valuable information about your customers.
Do you want to test the QR code in your restaurant? Contact our team today to learn more about it.